Candle Care Instructions + Tips
Wondering the best ways to care for your candle? Well I’m here to tell ‘ya!
It is pretty easy to give your candles a long life cycle if you know how. I don’t even want to think of all the candles I’ve wasted in the past because I didn’t know how to properly take care of them. But now I know better, and soon you will know proper candle care too!
- Trim the wick. Each time you go to relight your candle, trim wick to ¼ inch.
- Melt until wax pools to the edges (especially during your first use!). Having the wax melt smoothly extends the life of your candle.
- Allow wax to pull to the edges during each burning.
- Burn max 4 hours.
- Snuff your candle rather than blowing it out. Cover the top of the candle with a candle snuff to allow wax to cool down undisturbed.
- Do not move candle until wax had hardened again.
- Trim wick before next use.
- Do not burn candle to the bottom of the jar. Put it out at about ½ of an inch.
*Bonus tip – if you feel like you aren’t smelling the fragrance filling the room, consider the size of the room. If you are in a large room you may need more than one small candle to fill the room with the scent.
Additional Safety Tips:
- Never leave a candle unattended.
- Do not put candles out with water OR with lid.
- Do not move a burning candle. It can move around wax or burn your hand. Put out candle and allow to cool before handling.
- Keep away from children, pets, or flammable materials.
- Avoid using in drafty areas.
- Store in a cool, dry space
- Never pour wax down drains (it can clog when it cools down).
Did this article teach you something you didn’t know about candle care? Do you have any other questions? Leave them in the comments!
Here are some great products to help you with your candle care and upkeep!
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.